Benefex believes that no-one comes to work to do a bad job; that can happen through a collection of missed opportunities, of not making the most of those daily interactions and experiences. We see the solution as an assortment of loops: each one refined to create seamless but tangible interactions between employers and employees, making work a rewarding place for every single one of us.
Benefex is a fast-moving technology company, and one of the most successful providers of online reward and benefits solutions in the UK. To help us on our quest to be the best, we need brilliant people on board and that’s where you come in.
Our Product Engineering team is reshaping; Product, Infrastructure and Engineering are combining to build the next generation of our award-winning OneHub Platform. One that will enable the creation of not just a single product, but a diverse range of products filling each part of every experience loop, anywhere in the world.
As an iOS Engineer in the Recognition team, you will be a part of ensuring the development and operation of an exciting new, social peer-to-peer recognition and reward product. You will be directly contributing to our ability to provide a robust, global, multi-faceted OneHub Platform supporting a continuously evolving set of capabilities with zero downtime.
- Have a mature, agile approach to delivery
- Be excited to learn and adopt new technology
- Be committed to and participate in improving both your own and the team’s capability
- Have a sense for creating high-quality, reliable and maintainable code
- Thrive working as part of a close-knit team, making decisions together to deliver the most valuable experience to our clients’ employees possible
- Be brave and honest in the appraisal of your own and other's work; remaining open-minded and reflective about improving both yourself and the delivered product
- Know when to work autonomously and when to collaborate to achieve the best results
Have experience of:
- Proven competencies in developing, releasing and maintaining iOS apps
- Familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines for iOS
- Commercial experience in a software engineering role using Agile delivery techniques
- Proficient with functional Swift version 4 and above and an appreciation of Objective-C
- Demonstrating an understanding of Protocol Oriented Programming, iOS design patterns and using Cocoapod Frameworks
- Demonstrating an understanding of internal iOS APIs including Foundation, UIKit, and CocoaTouch
- Experience consuming secured, Restful APIs
- Experience with CI/CD using CircleCI or an alternative
- Experience using Git/GitHub
Extra points for:
- Knowledge of and experience with programmatic use of Auto Layout
- Exposure to Fastlane and Fabric
- Experience with Docker
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days' holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
- Great team and innovative office environment
- A competitive salary